2-Day Payments Tokenization Business Planning Course - Toronto - New York
Payments Tokenization in the Real Business World:
The Threats and Opportunities for Your Customer Relationships
Prices shown above reflect early bird pricing, which is 10% off the regular price. Early bird pricing ends on March 5 for New York and April 1 for Toronto. REGISTER NOW!
Scheduled Course Dates1:
New York: March 25 - 26, 2024
Toronto: April 22 - 23, 2024
New York: May 27 - 28, 2024
These dates are chosen so that delegates can follow this course with the 3-Day Payments Tokenization Deep-Dive Training Program.
For the full 5-day program, click here.
Course Code: SPA-24A
Tokenization can add significant value to your business, OR it can disintermediate you from your customers. Which will it be?
- This 2-day course tokenization provides a a business oriented introduction to tokenization.
- It is complementary to the 3-day program that follows, which provides a monetization road map for new products and service offerings.
Why a course on Payments Tokenization, and why now?
Retail Payments Tokenization has been available for some time. However, the current tokenization offerings and technologies are only the first generation of a very powerful payments management capability. The product and service plans of merchants, corporates, issuers and processors depend on those organizations’ understanding of how tokenization really works and how to manage its impact on their businesses.
This 2-day course provides a business oriented introduction to the technology of tokenization, how it works, who the key stakeholders are and the roles they play in controlling the business and data generated by payments tokenization. The key stakeholders covered in this course include leading vendor and outsource solutions, with a on focus the card scheme offerings. Of particular importance is the generation and control of the additional business data generated by tokenization. (Hint: there are options for businesses to take further control of their payments through appropriately structured tokenization services.)
Aim of The Course:
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with a basis for making business decisions as to whether or not taking control of payments tokenization warrants serious consideration by issuers, processors, merchants or corporates.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able assess whether it is beneficial to their organization to undertake further investment in evaluating product, service and monetization options derived from tokenization.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the relevance of payments tokenization to their organization
- Define the true business drivers behind payments tokenization
- Map how tokenization services fit within the payments ecosystem
- Evaluate the market readiness for the adoption of advanced payments tokenization services
- Identify the key players in tokenization solutions
- Define a business case and SWOT analysis for their organization
Who Should Attend:
Those responsible for making decisions or advising on product and service offerings in their organization. This workshop is designed for delegates having some familiarity with tokenization and interested in learning more as to how payments tokenization might fit within their organization.
This 2-day training course is a precursor to our 3-Day Payments Tokenization Product Planning Course, where delegates will be able to develop a roadmap for the monetization of payments tokenization into new products or services for their organization. The combined 2-day and 3-day courses are also offered as 5-day program.
Delegates who register for this 2-day introductory course as well as the 3-day deep dive course will receive a 10% discount on the combined package (applied at checkout). Alternatively, register for the full 5-day program here.
Day 1: The Relevance of Payments Tokenization
Why payments tokenization?
- Improved fraud, security and much more
- Compliance and regulation
- New product opportunities
How important is payments tokenization?
- A history of payments tokenization
- Stakeholder value propositions
- The high stakes for payments stakeholders
What does business need to know about tokenization?
- The lifecycle of a payments token
- Tokenization within the payments ecosystem
- Introducing the tokenization data model
What are the lessons learned in adopting tokenization?
- Upsides, downsides, opportunities, risks
- The winners and the losers
- Key players and enabling technologies
Day 2: The Business of Payments Tokenization
What is the market potential for tokenization?
- Canada as an example marketplace
- Market factors for cardholder buy-in
- Market challenges for end user concerns
Who are the key players in tokenization?
- Leading vendors, services and technologies
- The card schemes and their competitors
- In house and outsource options
How has payments tokenization been monetized?
- Current and emerging use cases
- Global adoption models, status and trends
- Lessons learned from major implementations to date
Getting to your business case
- The end market perspective
- Liability, compliance and risk
- The high stakes SWOT outline
In delivering these training programs we aim for an immersive experience in which delegates can apply the information and skills gained during the course in their organizational contexts. The training program includes at least four hands-on exercises each day to provide delegates with the opportunity to reinforce their learnings and ensure that the learning outcomes are achieved.
Students will receive a course workbook and completion certificate at the conclusion of this course.
SPA-24A: 2-Day – Payments Tokenization Business Planning Course, is brought to you by Secure Payments Academy, in partnership with Technology Strategies International Inc. and VCS Technologies Inc.