3-Day Payments Tokenization Product Planning Course - Toronto - New York
Leveraging Payments Tokenization into New Products and Services:
Taking Control of Your Payments
Prices shown above reflect early bird pricing, which is 10% off the regular price. Early bird pricing ends on March 4 for Toronto and April 1/ May 5 for New York. REGISTER TODAY!
Scheduled Course Dates1:
New York: March 27 - 29, 2024
Toronto: April 24 - 26, 2024
New York: May 29 - 31, 2024
These dates are chosen so that delegates can precede this course with the introductory 2-Day Payments Tokenization Business Planning Course
Course Code: SPA-24B
Tokenization can add significant value to your business, OR it can disintermediate you from your customers. Which will it be?
- This 3-day course provides a road map for the monetization of payments tokenization into new products and service offerings by merchants, processors, corporates and issuers.
- It is complementary to the preceding 2-day course, which provides a a business oriented introduction to tokenization.
Why a course on Payments Tokenization, and why now?
Retail Payments Tokenization has been available for some time. However, the current tokenization offerings and technologies are only the first generation of a very powerful payments management capability. The product and service plans of merchants, corporates, issuers and processors depend on those organizations’ understanding of how tokenization really works and how to manage its impact on their businesses.
This 3-day course provides a road map for the monetization of Payments Tokenization into new products and service offerings by merchants, processors, corporates and issuers. The focus is on how tokenization works in terms of data models, processes and operating environments, and therefore how stakeholders can use payments tokenization to increase their value propositions. (Hint: the stakes are high, with significant new payments product wins and losses for stakeholders in the payments ecosystem).
Aim of The Course:
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the ability to develop a business case and, where the business case is feasible, a product/service roadmap for the monetization of payments tokenization in their organization.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to undertake in-depth analyses of tokenization monetization opportunities in the context of their organization, enabling them to make informed decisions on the adoption (or not) of payments tokenization in their payment environment.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Illustrate how tokens function within payments
- Specify core business and system processes required
- Specify organizational responsibilities
- Identify futures for payments tokenization
- Specify operational responsibilities
- Define legal implications of tokenization
- Identify possible tokenization business applications
- Enumerate the tokenization market potential
- Identify the overarching business costs and benefits
- Evaluate the stakeholder specific business cases
- Undertake the necessary go/no go decision making
Who Should Attend:
This course is specifically designed for organizations that are considering whether they should invest in payments tokenization capabilities. Delegates should be familiar with the basics of payments tokenization and are interested in making informed decisions as to the business case for further investment in a tokenization strategy.
- Bank Strategic decision makers
- Digital system architects
- Banking services development team
- Merchant System Operations
- Process engineering team
- System Network Architects
- Product Development
- Product Management and Marketing
- Fraud Detection department
- Mobile Wallet design specialists
- IT and Technical Departments
This 3-day training course follows on from the 2-Day Payments Tokenization Business Planning Course, which provides a business oriented introduction to payments tokenization. The combined 2-day and 3-day courses are also offered as 5-day program.
Delegates who register for this 3-day product planning course as well as the 2-business planning course will receive a 10% discount on the combined package (applied at checkout). Alternatively, register for the full 5-day program here.
Day 1: The Process of Tokenization
- The six party payments ecosystem
- The seven stakeholders in tokenization
- Tokenization in the payments ecosystem
- EXERCISE: Where is your organization in the ecosystem?
- Token requesting stakeholder roles
- Token provisioning stakeholder roles
- Token processing stakeholder roles
- EXERCISE: Are your products suitable for tokenization?
- Token requesting system processes
- Token provisioning system processes
- Token processing system processes
- EXERCISE: Are your systems ready for tokenization?
- Taxonomy of software and services offerings
- Software and services vendors
- Card scheme tokenization offerings deconstructed
- EXERCISE: Best practices for payments business partners
Day 2: The System of Tokenization
- Token types and intelligence
- Token functions and lifecycles
- Next generation tokens beyond payments
- EXERCISE: What else can be done with payment tokens?
- In house, outsource operations continuum
- Tokenization data model
- Security in the tokenization architecture
- EXERCISE: Are your operations ready for tokenization?
- Token compliance, standards and protocols
- Who contracts with who, for tokenization
- Token services fees and liability
- EXERCISE: Your organization’s legal obligations in payments
- Mobile payments tokens use cases
- Card on file payments tokens use cases
- Card present payments tokens use cases
- EXERCISE: Is tokenization a paradigm shift?
Day 3: The Business of Tokenization
- The global market perspective
- Key conditions for market success
- Positioning in the market segments
- EXERCISE: How can you approach your target markets?
- Managing expanded data and logic
- Monetizing fraud control and security
- Enabling new products and services
- EXERCISE: How can your organization leverage tokenization?
- The business case for:
- EXERCISE: Is there a business case for your organization?
- Questions and decisions for:
CONCLUSION: High stakes for payments stakeholders
In delivering these training programs we aim for an immersive experience in which delegates can apply the information and skills gained during the course in their organizational contexts. The training program includes at least four hands-on exercises each day to provide delegates with the opportunity to reinforce their learnings and ensure that the learning outcomes are achieved.
Students will receive a course workbook and completion certificate at the conclusion of this course.
SPA-24A: 2-Day – Payments Tokenization Business Planning Course, is brought to you by Secure Payments Academy, in partnership with Technology Strategies International Inc. and VCS Technologies Inc.