2-Day ISO20022 Business View Program
ISO20022 – All the Payments Data your Business will Ever Need, all the Time
Prices shown above reflect early bird pricing, which is 10% off the regular price. Early bird pricing ends on April 12. REGISTER TODAY!
Scheduled Course Dates1:
Toronto: May 13 to 14, 2024
These dates are chosen so that delegates can follow this course with the 3-Day ISO2002 Product View course.
For the full 5-day program, click here.
Course Code: SPA-25A
Tokenization can add significant value to your business, OR it can disintermediate you from your customers. Which will it be?
- This 2-day course provides a a business oriented introduction to ISO20022.
- It is complementary to the 3-day program that follows, which provides a product roadmap for new products and service offerings.
Why are we talking about ISO20022 for merchants and corporates?
There are a number of myths about ISO20022 that are misleading businesses in the front end of the payments ecosystem (accepting and acquiring payments) as to the importance of this major change in global payments.
Myths About ISO20022
It is a bank thing.
WRONG: Banks are early adopters, but other stakeholders may be the biggest beneficiaries
It is another standard.
WRONG: It is a semi open data framework supporting multiple vertical specific compliance regimes
It is a payments thing.
WRONG: Any transaction based business process beyond payments are potential implementations
It is not relevant to retail.
WRONG: ISO20022 data schemes support POS, acquiring, cross border, e-invoicing, remittances, etc.
It is just more compliance.
WRONG: It can enable solutions in chargebacks, loyalty, contracting, CRM, analytics, reconciliation, liquidity etc.
ISO 20022 applies to your business
By 2025, 90% of global bank large value settlements will be ISO20022 compliant, and most real time payments shortly thereafter. The speed and conditions for payment settlement will increasingly be impacted by additional data that will accompany the payment. That additional data is being defined by global and national compliance regimes to meet not just payment integrity, but also environmental, social, trade, supply chain, sanctions, competition, social equity, treasury etc. standards.
Your business has options
ISO20022 expands the definition of a payments transaction to include many types of additional business data, almost all of which is already captured through other systems by the front end of the payments ecosystem. Demands for compliance with this new world of expanded payments data will increasingly shift to that front end. That demand can be met by merchants and corporates through various in-house and outsourced business models.
Aim of this course
This intensive 2 day program provides clarity as to:
- What ISO20022 really is from a business perspective,
- Problems that ISO20022 is supposed to solve,
- Key stakeholders in ISO20022 and the roles they play,
- The compliance burden of ISO200222,
- The role of ISO200222 in payments and the support and extension of key payments processes,
- How ISO20022 can be leveraged, and the current status and trends in ISO20022.
The aim of this program is to help the delegate make a decision as to whether ISO20022 is of possible value to the organization, and therefore warrants an investment in further and more in depth investigation.
Who Should Attend
This course is specifically designed for organizations that must decide whether the organization should invest or further invest in their payments ISO20022 capabilities.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and scope of ISO20022
- Identify the drivers for a new global payments standard
- Explain how the standard is managed
- Identify the potential role of ISO20022 in addition to payments
- Understand the new payment ecosystem under ISO20022
- Specify how ISO20022 supports key payments functions
- Advise on the potential of ISO20022 for business development
- Describe the current market acceptance of ISO20022
What is ISO20022 from a Business Perspective?
- An overarching transaction standard across verticals
- A data model for extended transaction data
- A mechanism for compliance under multiple regimes
What Problem is ISO20022 Trying to Solve?
- Constraints in legacy payment transaction formats
- Increased demands on core payments processes
- Changing business models for processing and settlement
Who are the Stakeholders and Key Actors?
- Governance and control under ISO and SWIFT
- Standards setting by internal and third parties
- Implementation by regional and vertical organizations
Is ISO20022 Just Another Compliance Burden?
- ISO20022 and finance
- ISO20022 and security
- ISO20022 and ESG
What is ISO20022’s Role in Payments?
- The payor / payee relationship under ISO20022
- ISO20022 in the six party payments model
- Overview of ISO20022 payment messaging
How does ISO20022 support key payments processes?
- Generating requests for payment
- Generating payments
- Messaging between Payor and Payee
How can my Business Leverage ISO20022?
- Automating certain payments processes
- Supporting partner and client relationships
- Helping organize business data across the enterprise
Where is ISO20022 in Today’s World?
- Global adoption and trends
- Interbank settlement as the first use case
- European, Asian & North American implementations
In addition to this Business View, a series of business oriented ISO20022 training programs are offered which provide a sequence of key learning outcomes for attendees: A four hour Briefing provides an understanding of the realities and the potential relevance of ISO20022 to the attendees organization A three day Product View provides a clear understanding as to how ISO20022 would work in your organization and how it can be monetized.
Delegates who register for this 2-day introductory course as well as the 3-day deep dive course will receive a 10% discount on the combined package (applied at checkout). Alternatively, register for the full 5-day program here.
In delivering these training programs we aim for an immersive experience in which delegates can apply the information and skills gained during the course in their organizational contexts. The training program includes at least four hands-on exercises each day to provide delegates with the opportunity to reinforce their learnings and ensure that the learning outcomes are achieved.
Students will receive a course workbook and completion certificate at the conclusion of this course.
SPA-25A: 2-Day – ISO20022 Business View Program is brought to you by VCS Technologies Inc. in partnership with the Secure Payments Academy and Technology Strategies International Inc.